Well, WrestleMania has passed and from everything Iâ€™ve read, it seems Iâ€™m not the only one letdown by it. Whatâ€™s next for the WWE? Hopefully we will get some good stuff coming in the next few weeks. Here are the 10 Thoughts on WWE for this week:
1. For weeks and weeks now, Iâ€™ve mentioned how every match involving The Corre has ended in a disqualification. Well that was the case again on Smackdown when Kofi Kingston defeated Wade Barrett by DQ in match for the IC title. Yawnâ€¦..
2. WrestleMania started off great with The Rock cutting a promo. While the promo was a good way to get the fans into the show early on, it ran a bit long. It was understandable considering the show was 4 hours long, but they couldâ€™ve cut it down a bit and left some room for Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan. The promo consisted of Rock doing his usual stuff. Nothing really stood out but itâ€™s The Rock, câ€™mon, people are always going to love what the man says.
3. It seems the Royal Rumble match serves no purpose anymore, or they just need to change the whole â€œWinner gets to MAIN EVENT WrestleManiaâ€. Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship was the first match on the card. The match was entertaining but Iâ€™m not sure if you could call it a WrestleMania classic. The match ended with Edge retaining the title. This match seemed more like a good Smackdown main event than a title match at WrestleMania.
4. Randy Orton and CM Punkâ€™s match was one of the better matches on Sundayâ€™s card. This was a back and forth match that just kept the crowd into it. This match had good build up for weeks and it certainly delivered at WrestleMania. Randy Orton got the win after Punk tried to jump off the top rope only to end up in a perfectly timed RKO. Although I personally would have loved to see CM Punk win, this was a phenomenal finish to the match.
5. Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler was a disaster. The build up for this match was good but then by WrestleMania, we all remembered, itâ€™s a play by play commentator competing against a 61 year old color commentator. Itâ€™s like if Sam Rosen and Joe Michelletti were calling a Rangers hockey game and decided to beat the crap out of each other. There really is not much to say about this match other than that it was extremely slow. It had some humorous moments from Stone Cold but otherwise this was a complete dud. The worst part of this match may have been the reversed decision. Jerry Lawler put Michael Cole in the ankle lock and made him submit. Only moments later the Anonymous GM reversed the decision because of the way Stone Cold called the match. It was well known that this wouldnâ€™t be a classic from the beginning but we did expect it to be a little better than it was.
6. The match between Undertaker and Triple H stole the show. This turned out to be a brutal match for both Superstars. The match was taken outside of the ring early, and for the next 10 minutes, Cole Mines and tables were being smashed. This may have been one of the more entertaining parts of the match. Later on they went back into the ring and although it wasnâ€™t fast paced, it still felt like a must see match. There was one moment where it came across like Triple H was going to break the streak. That was when Triple H hit the Tombstone on Undertaker and did his pose as he was pinning him. This was a great way to get fans on the edge of their seats. Undertaker finished this match by locking in the Hellâ€™s Gate. Triple H tried to grab the sledgehammer and hit Taker but it was lights out for him when he tapped out. Iâ€™ve heard several different reasons as to why Taker struggled to move outside of the ring. Iâ€™ve heard everything from, Triple H botched the Tombstone to, Triple H botched the Pedigree or Undertaker just sold the match well. Either way, they put on one hell of a match and it was certainly the highlight of WrestleMania XXVII.
7. Did Snooki surprise the hell out of everyone or what? The mixed tag match wasnâ€™t good but Snookiâ€™s part was fun to watch. Once she was tagged in she showed she may have what it takes to be a Diva (Well, sheâ€™s a troll but whatever) in the WWE. She quickly picked up the win for her team in a very short match. Iâ€™m sure weâ€™ll see her in the Celebrity Wing of the Hall of Fame 5 or 10 years down the road.
8. The Miz and John Cena closed out the show in a disastrous title match. I know not every WrestleMania match has been phenomenal but isnâ€™t there supposed to be some type of entertainment in it? The match may have gone on for about 7 or 8 minutes before they took the match outside of the ring. Miz and Cena went over the barricade and Mizâ€™s head took a nasty bump off the floor. The match ended in a double count out and at this point, people were just waiting for The Rock. When Rock came out, things seemed to be picking up. That wasnâ€™t the case, as all he did was restart the match only to give Cena a Rock Bottom and help Miz retain the WWE title. This is a WrestleMania main event, and all this match did was hype up Monday Night Raw, nothing else.
9. Sin Cara has finally made his debut in the WWE. After the Sheamus/Daniel Bryan match on Raw, Sin Cara came out and impressed the WWE Universe with his moves. It wasnâ€™t anything epic, but it was very impressive and he will be one hell of a performer on Raw.
10. There was some good and some bad on Raw. The good, The Rock and John Cena are finally going to have a match. The bad, itâ€™s not until WrestleMania 28. Now itâ€™s not a completely bad thing. This will be a huge WrestleMania match, but for it to be announced the day after this yearâ€™s WrestleMania, is a bit disappointing. WWE fans that have been waiting for this match now have to wait one more year for it to happen. Will this feud go on for a full year or is The Rock going to disappear until the WrestleMania hype begins? We shall see as time goes on.
Well thatâ€™s it for this week folks, now you stay classy.