Happy Monday, Rageans, and welcome to another edition of The Rager. My name is Chris, your gondolier, and I’m here to start your week off right by serving up a hot pile of Rage so you can survive the weekly grind. You’re welcome and no, payment isn’t necessary but if you feel the urge, a collection plate will be going around at the end.
Night of Predictable Unpredictables
I’m assuming by now most of you have either heard of all the happenings and shenanigans from Night of Champions or, at the very least, have checked out the awesome-sauce recap, so lets just dive into the madness at hand. I’m guessing the best way is list-form, which I’m sure I will abandon randomly and without reason, other than to entertain the farting penguins of Ecuador, as one does in the classical tradition:
- I still REALLY hate the Air-Boom name, I know I’ve mentioned this either here or on Live Rager, but I just felt like it needs to be said again.
- At first glance, I thought the ref mix up was a cheap way to further the conspiracy schtick but I felt differently later…
- As stated on twitter, if WWE has any intentions of Ted DiBiase being taken seriously in the near future, I suggest changing Diva-esq entrance music that he had when he had a arm-candy girlfriend that was calling all the shots.
- Also, I also find it hard to take the Intercontinental title seriously when we’re reminded that Honky Tonk is the greatest champ. Maybe its just my own dislike for him and I never was a fan but somebody needs to break the 14 month record so we can try to forget WWE had an Elvis-impersonator.
- I like the idea of Cody doing what I proposed above…lets change that to love.
- I don’t have much to say about the 4-way, it furthered the Ziggles and Swaggles story. Kinda just meh, to be honest.
- For once, I actually liked a segment involving Vickie. She actually got a chuckle out of me in the backstage interview with Striker. The kiss and the “call me” was pretty funny for some reason.
- It seems almost absurd to say, but I think I actually like Mark Henry, both on the mic and in the ring…more so on the mic. The promo before his match just sold me on the match.
- The match itself was alright and I really have no problems with Henry winning the belt. Regardless of how you feel about him, he’s been a pretty constant workhorse for many many years and its about time he’s been rewarded with a title, it just so happens to occur when he really has hit a stride in his character.
- Last thought on Henry, this really shows how heels are better for the simple depth of character aspect and the ability to do so much more on the mic and in the ring, creatively. To be honest, you almost are starting to lose that with CM Punk. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still compelling on the mic and amazing in the ring, but we’re kinda getting the same thing every week where he just comes out and tries to say something shocking. The WWE needs to do a better job of walking a fine line with him, I know I’m not the first one on Pulse to say this, but still, thats my two cents.
- Not that I really care or anything, but I’m really surprised they didn’t put the Diva’s belt (I refuse to refer to it as a title) on Beth, especially with her being the hometown girl and all that jazz.
- I thought it was humorous that the crowd was chanting “Kelly sucks” and Lawler said (paraphrasing) “I don’t think Kelly Kelly is use to getting that reaction.” I don’t think I really need to point out why that’s beautifully ironic (listen to the infamous Randy Orton radio interview if you’re lost).
- It just felt odd to get that kind of reaction from the audience for a Divas match.
- I wasn’t crazy for the Cena/Del Rio match, I think Del Rio was great in the ring but I could’ve done without the intro segment but its whatever.
- John Cena wins and I think Del Rio goes back to mid-card after WWE tries to leave in the top-card for a couple more months but I have to agree with all the Swagger comparisons.
- The Punk/HHH no DQ match was just simply…well I’m not sure what the right word is for it…a mess doesn’t seem to be right and I’d rather not go with cluster****. But you see where I’m going with this, it was a lot of ridiculousness, some predictable, some not.
- The Awesome Truth interference was unexpected but it made so much sense and in the back of my head, I was hoping for R-Truth to pull something like this off for the past few months.
- Johnny Ace coming out and not being expedient about actually helping HHH or the match was kinda expected, I think we all know that he’s behind all of this at this point.
- Speaking of predictable, out came Nash. I was kinda confused why he attacked both. I know he’s still uber pissed at CM Punk and HHH for firing him but I still would think he would come out in favor of one of them to assist with the outcome of the match.
- HHH winning makes sense so they can have something to drag out to Survivor Series but its gonna be madness to see how they try to explain all this…I’m sure they’ll fail at it (ex. I texted myself!).
So that about wraps it up for me, feel free to add your own thoughts below in the comments or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I promise the psych breakdown episode of The Rager is coming soon, its just a matter of scheduling a sit-down with The Expert (who totally isn’t my college roommate…at all).
I’m never gonna stop promoting our short film.
Remember to join in on Live Rager tonight during Raw which you can do so by following me on Twitter.
I hope everyone has a great week!
The Answer: I need a better, catchy line to end The Rager on every week. Tweet me your ideas!