Welcome to the 10 Thoughts on Raw! So what does WWE do to battle the National Championship? Well let’s see…
1. We start the show off with Kane ranting away on Cena before Cena attacks and they brawl all the way into the parking lot. Kane disappears just like Undertaker does whenever Cena takes control. This makes me wonder again what will the WWE do for mystical non-sense whenever Kane and The Undertaker finally retire?
2. I hate to beat the already dead horse, but… Sheamus and Santino teaming up? Was it not Sheamus that received the other end of the pigmentation abuse from Santino at the Tea Party? Now they are best buddies and Sheamus lets Santino pick up the win? Ok I’m done.
3. It’s awesome that Edge is entering the Hall of Fame. He took years off of his life for our entertainment and changed this business for the better. Thank you Edge, and thank you WWE for putting him in there first chance.
3a. So they decided to announce two groups into the Hall of Fame this early? It’s weird and I wonder why they didn’t just announce all of those guys individually minus Flair. Anyways it’s great to see one of the biggest stables of all time going into the Hall of Fame in the Four Horsemen.
4. So Daniel Bryan cheats to retain his title and now he’s fighting Kofi Kingston, a face? It could be interesting, but I think it would be better if he just made everyone tap out like his shirt says. Someone at Pulse had that great idea.
5. Weeks… and WEEKS of putting off Brodus Clay brings out the aggre.. FUNKY out of him? Brodus Clay struts and jives out to the ring. That was different. Not sure how I like Brokishi but Clasera did surprise me.
5a. Another interesting note was all the talking he does in the ring. He slammed Hawkins and then says ‘My bad’ while jiving.
6. John Laurinitis keeps doing things to help Punk like offering him the riddance of Vickie and Swagger if he wins his match and holding off Dolph when he was going to try to jump Punk when the referee wasn’t looking. All of this is just leading to Laurinitis trying to screw Punk at the Rumble, but the ‘fairness’ build-up so far has been done pretty well.
6a. The Punk/Swagger match was a pretty stellar bout, but the end seemed a little botched… Punk hit the elbow ala Macho Man and then the ref counted three despite Swagger kicking out and Punk moving into the Anaconda Vise. Just a weird ending.
7. Truth has absolutely gone off the deep end with his new crazy face gimmick and I actually am buying into it. The ironic part is that Truth has some resemblances to Austin. Hold on, hear me out. Tell me that Truth toying with Ricardo (who was terrified as most Austin victims were) before eventually laying him out didn’t resemble some of the stuff that Austin did when he was GM of Raw. Truth is unpredictable and is doing some entertaining things with his character.
8. Chris Jericho comes down to the ring, celebrates, and cries… and leaves. No more answers than last week as Chris continues to prove how unstable he is. Is this the edge? That he is just gone insane? Well regardless of that, after reading Undisputed this last week, I must agree with his son Ash. Chris, you cry weird.
9. The ending of Raw including the Eve being freaked out by Kane’s music, Ryder being chokeslammed onto a wooden pallet, and Cena leaving the match to check on Ryder only to be choked out by Kane was a nice, quick turnabout and makes the audience anticipate next week’s show. Well done.
10. Altogether a pretty good edition of Raw. Kane destroys Zack Ryder and makes Cena watch. Brodus Clay debuts as a dancing monster similar to Rikishi. Punk will face Dolph with no Vickie or Swagger at ringside at the Royal Rumble. Chris Jericho has YET to speak and may be taking this instability a little overboard. Truth and Miz are quickly developing an interesting feud. Edge and the Four Horsemen are going into the Hall of Fame. And Daniel Bryan is turning into a weaselly champion.
Thanks for reading!
And quite frankly my dear… that’s a wrap!
Tags: 10 Thoughts, brodus clay, chris jericho, cm punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, jack swagger, john cena, John Laurinitis, kane, R-Truth, Raw, Santino Marrella, sheamus, The Miz, WWE, WWE Monday Night Raw, zack ryder