Welcome to my 10 thoughts on WWE Monday Night Raw! I am your host, Rhett Davis, and this is yet another edition of Raw. Anyways, let’s get started.
1. The show opens with Foley announcing that he wants to enter the Royal Rumble which leads Dolph Ziggler to enter and call him a joke. Foley was over big and Dolph really looked great with this exchange and brought Mick Foley back into the angle. We could possibly have Foley at WrestleMania against Dolph Ziggler. It worked for Edge didn’t it?
2. John Laurinitis declined Foley’s desire to want to enter the Royal Rumble match so it’s just a matter of time before he interferes. We may either see him help out Punk at the Rumble with the odds stacked against him or he may do like he did several years ago and take out another participant to enter. Poor Epico/Hawkins/Mahal.
3. So Mark Henry kept his title after being put in a match when he wasn’t doctor approved, but Ryder doesn’t get his title back? So what does this accomplish? Swagger now has a prop to make him relevant and Ryder loses all of this momentum built upon him winning the U.S. title. I can’t see this loss doing anything that important.
4. It’s always weird when the titles change hands over house shows. Usually when they do it, it is because they’re outside of the country, but this time it was Oakland. I’m not following the train of thought on this either.
5. R-Truth continues to humor me with his Pinocchio telling a lie saying that Wade was going to win the Royal Rumble match. Truth then continues to win the mini-Rumble. I can’t see the guy winning the match at the Royal Rumble, but he could prove for some comic relief.
6. John Cena snaps and takes out Jack Swagger after Swagger destroyed the injured Ryder and took his title. Cena has gone off the deep end and looks to be taking that heel turn finally. Just kidding. Kane fights Cena at the Rumble.
7. So Big Show accidentally takes out AJ, Bryan’s girlfriend, and Bryan blames him for the carnage claiming that Big Show is a bastard and has traumatized AJ for life. Bryan has really taken to his new heel character well and, honestly, has more character than ever before in the WWE.
8. The Funkasaurus is back to destroy another jobber. This week’s victim is JTG, and I’m really digging the character now. He’s charismatic, he’s unique, and, thus far, he appears to be a pretty good wrestler. I’m interested to see what he will be involved with later on.
9. So Jericho decides to leave mid-match leaving his teammates to fend for themselves. Yet another week with no explanation from Jericho.
10. Well the ending of the match went from Jericho leaving, to Bryan and Mark Henry brawling backstage, and Mick Foley coming down to even the score and winning the match by applying the Mandible Claw to David Otunga. Laurinitis would then reverse the decision saying he didn’t authorize Foley to compete, Punk would then shoot on Laurinitis saying that he was just jealous of his success, Punk leaves, Laurinitis would then admit to screwing Punk at the Rumble, and finally attacked Foley with the mic. So with the outlook of the WWE Title match already announced, it’s just time to see how Punk overcomes the odds. Another thing to consider is now that his agenda is out in the open, will the Board do anything to stop Laurinitis from screwing Punk? Maybe add a special enforcer in Mick Foley? Only time will tell.
Thanks for reading.
And quite frankly my dear… that’s a wrap!