Welcome to my 10 Thoughts on WWE Monday Night Raw! We had an interesting SmackDown Friday with seemingly two more WrestleMania matches confirmed in Big Show vs Cody Rhodes and Kane vs Randy Orton. Anyways, onto the show!
1. Heartbreak Kid comes back for one segment and it captivates as always. As we saw, Shawn Michaels is now the special guest referee for the Taker/Triple H and he claims to already knowing who will win. So it seems at Mania that that match will have some bizarre finish. It has so many different outcomes possible that at this point it’s impossible to predict.
2. So Santino is the United States champion and I would assume the only reasoning behind this would be for him to defend it at WrestleMania against David Otunga. But on the flip side, more and more WWE Superstars are getting involved so it seems like it is going to be a large tag team math for total control of the WWE.
3. Both The Rock and John Cena’s promos tonight were stellar with The Rock mocking Cena, while Cena’s promo dealt on how important this match is. Very different promos, but they both established how important this match is at WrestleMania. Reminds me so much of Hogan/Rock from ten years ago.
4. Are we really building an Eve vs Kelly Kelly feud for Mania? Does anyone really care? Where is the Divas champion? If you are going to have a Divas match at WrestleMania (which they’re rumored to be talking about not having) then you should definitely have the champion in it.
5. The Jericho/Bryan vs Punk/Sheamus match was pretty awesome as it really told both of their stories. Jericho snuck out with the win to further the storyline that he is scared and not as confident as he used to be. Bryan and Sheamus continued brawling on the outside telling their relentlessness. Overall a great match.
6. So this year at WrestleMania it seems that Cody Rhodes will have another help-me-get-over match with the Big Show. So does this mean that Cody has moved almost nowhere in the last year? Hopefully this will be enough to move him on up past the I-C championship that really has no importance anymore.
7. Also what exactly did The Miz do to get so far under the bus? Tonight he goes down in a very short match in which he had an advantage due to Cody’s video distracting the Big Show. Will he even make WrestleMania or is the WWE that mad at him?
8. Kane gets a quick win over R-Truth and then Orton takes him out. Sounds about right. Although I thought it was clever of Truth to hold Kane by his leg as a distraction until Orton came out to RKO him. I still can’t get behind this match though. This measures somewhere between Kane vs Angle and Kane vs Khali in importance to me.
9. It’s interesting to see how torn the crowd was. At first, I just thought they were really dead by now, but, in all actuality, they were just so torn that it was hard to determine their allegiance. We heard cheers from ‘Fruity Pebbles’ to ‘Boots to Asses’ to ‘Tooth Fairy.’
10. Altogether a good Raw and it just leaves me ready to see what comes next next week.
Thanks for reading,
And quite frankly my dear… that’s a wrap.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, chris jericho, cm punk, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Eve, john cena, kane, Kelly Kelly, randy orton, Raw, Santino Marella, shawn michaels, sheamus, the big show, The Miz, The Rock, triple h, WWE, WWE Monday Night Raw