It’s been a LONG week to say the least. However, all of that is now behind me because here I am, the night before
MY OUR Super Bowl known as WrestleMania XXVIII. The card is set, the feuds have been built, and the anticipation for a top-heavy show featuring four main events — The Rock vs. John Cena, The Undertaker vs. Triple H, CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus — is simply palpable to say the least.
As we work overtime this weekend at Pulse Wrestling to bring as much WrestleMania news bits and coverage as we can — with special props to Kelly Floyd for cobbling together another awesome Rasslin’ Roundtable and to Matthew Harrak for really staying on top of everything and also offering up live WrestleMania Twitter coverage that he will be hosting tomorrow night — I thought it was only fair for me to jump in and give to you my own 10 Thoughts on the Night Before WWE WrestleMania 28:
1. After last year’s debacle of a WrestleMania that I recently deconstructed one last time, I can honestly say that it is truly refreshing to feel the exact opposite way about tomorrow’s show. From where I sit I feel like the four main events are truly can’t-miss matches, and as long as WWE stays away from making the absolute worst booking decisions they could conjure up — and I trust they won’t do something stupid like have Triple H win — this will be a thoroughly satisfying Super Bowl of wrestling.
2. Punk-Jericho is the match I am looking forward to the most because I know that no matter what they are given in terms of a story, these two “Best in the Worlds” will execute it to perfection while tweaking it to their liking. Punk and Jericho are two amazing IN-RING storytellers who have been at this a long time, and I just can’t wait to see how their WWE Championship
match battle unfolds once that bell rings.
2a. Note to WWE: PLEASE give this the 25-30 minutes it deserves. Thank you.
3. Anyone want to take bets as to whether or not there will be a Brodus Clay throw-in segment that becomes a dance-off with Rikishi? After all, Hall of Fame inductee Ron Simmons has to find a reason to say DAMN!, right?
4. The Rock. John Cena. The Rock. John Cena. Who will it be? Should we ask Brock Lesnar?
5. I still think there’s no way THE STREAK ends, and I hope I remain on the right side of that outcome. However, I also want Triple H to convince me at some point during this match that I am wrong … as long as Undertaker still wins in the end.
6. YES! YES! YES! Is there any wrestling catch phrase hotter than Daniel Bryan‘s at the moment? And say what you want, but now that Bryan has his heel PERSONA down to go along with his wrestling ability / credentials, I really think Sheamus is simply #1 Contender at the wrong time.
6a. And if Sheamus does happen to unseat Bryan as World Heavyweight Champion, then I hope that Bryan recovers quickly by moving directly to Raw into a WWE title feud with CM Punk, who would obviously have to beat Jericho in order for this hypothetical rebound scenario of mine to work.
7. If Team Teddy loses, I am almost 100% certain that Eve will be the reason. She will simply distract Zack Ryder at the opportune time, leading to a David Otunga pin-fall victory. That’s right, Eve and Otunga could become the new power couple in WWE if Team Johnny wins. Can you imagine that?
8. I still don’t see how The Rock winning would be good for business or how John Cena could explain it away if that happens. Sorry, Rey Mundo.
8a. By the way, that was the best wrestling column of all-time. Period.
9. Two things I really want to see at Mania this year are Jim Ross on commentary for Rock-Cena (at the very least) and Howard Finkel doing the formal ring announcements for the top four matches. Just throwing two more of my wish-list items out there in case anyone at Titan Towers is reading / rewriting at the moment.
10. I leave thought #10 (and beyond) up to you as I pose the following questions for you to answer by sounding off in the comments section below!
What are YOU thinking just hours before WrestleMania?
What do you want to see happen the most?
What do you NOT want to see happen the most?
Will there be a huge surprise at this year’s show? What will it be?
And of course, how do you feel about John Cena vs. The Rock, and how would YOU book it?
That’s all from me on this special WrestleMania edition of 10 Thoughts — CB.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, 10 Thoughts on WWE, Brock Lesnar, chris jericho, cm punk, Daniel Bryan, David Otunga, Eve, Howard Finkel, Jim Ross, john cena, John Laurinaitis, sheamus, Teddy Long, The Rock, triple h, undertaker, wrestlemania, wrestlemania 28, WWE, zack ryder