Hello, everybody! Kelly here, back with a Smackdown that actually consisted of more than two matches! Perhaps I’m just giddy because I watched this after witnessing the Diamondbacks’ opening day victory over the Giants, but I actually enjoyed the show greatly!
1. Can I just say that I no longer care about Teddy Long in the least. Eliminate him.
2. I know I said that I enjoyed this show, so forgive me when I say a second negative comment in a row. Mark Henry and David Otunga against R-Truth. Forgive me, but I just couldn’t summon the fucks to give on this one. Am I alone in this? I’m sure I am, considering how much everyone else on this site likes to give Mark Henry the puppy dog eyes.
3. The match between Randy Orton and Kane followed the same Viper Formula, but somehow they made it work. The tension between the two was quite spicy and they really sucked me into it. Though the “now we’re even!” trading of victories is a little boring, I still like this feud.
4. Skip Sheffield returns to WWE, and the only bummer is that you cannot properly enjoy my happy dance. And no, there’s not an ounce of sarcasm in that statement. I always liked him and was bummed when he had to leave Nexus due to injury. With a strong comeback like this, I’m wondering what he’ll be doing now.
5. Can we finally say goodbye to AJ? Or is this just the beginning? Seriously, I can’t be the only one who wants to see how many thumbtacks I can puncture her face with.
6. Considering all involved and the short length…I’m surprised by how enjoyable Show/Slater was. Short, sweet, and to the point. It said what it needed to without dragging it out and making my fingers itch for the fast-forward button.
7. What happened to Beth Phoenix? Seriously? She’s the one woman selected as the champion of the Divas, and she participates in matches that make me cringe. I guess it’s better than watching Natalya fart, but not by much. Give her a legitimate feud, please.
8. Very sad to hear about Chief Jay Strongbow. I feel like we’re losing so many greats, lately. Stop it!
9. Who is Damien Sandow, and why should I care.
10. Sheamus and Alberto del Rio is one of my favorite Smackdown main events in quite some time. It had everything you could want, and wasn’t just the same recycled stars doing the same recycled moves. Maybe I’m biased, because I adore both. But wow! I loved it. Sheamus reminded us of his absolute power while Alberto reminded us of why we fell in love with him in the first place. If it were to receive a grade…I’d give it a B+.
Make sure you check out what Gojira and I had to say, as we recap this Smackdown play by play. Ew. That rhymed.