Opening segment: John Laurinaitis comes out and says he disagrees with the decision of the board of directors to add all of the stipulations to his match with John Cena at Over The Limit. Ace says it will be like leading a lamb to the slaughter on Sunday and he asks the crowd to support him and say a prayer for him.
CM Punk’s music played and he comes out to a huge pop. Punk says his prayers have been answered because after Over The Limit, Laurinaitis will be fired and Punk would like to be the first to wish Johnny the best of luck in his future endeavors.
Punk has no respect for Big Johnny and by this time next week, Punk will be WWE Champion and Big Johnny will be on the unemployment line. Ace blames the fans and says they can go to hell. He books Punk vs. Kane for later in the show.
1. R-Truth and Kofi Kingston def. Titus O’Neil and Darren Young.
Zack Ryder was filming his Youtube show when Damien Sandow walked past him.
Damien Sandow introduced himself as our intellectual savior. He said he would bestow upon us enlightenment that we so desperately craved. After Yoshi Tatsu calls him a chicken, Sandow responds by hitting Tatsu with a chickenwing neckbreaker. He leaves and there is no official match.
A Big Show segment was shown with answers teased for later on in the show.
Backstage, Sheamus said he looks forward to Over the Limit and his Fatal Four Way match because it gives him a chance to show what kind of champion he is. Orton interrupted and said that while there are three other guys in the match, he would love to pin Sheamus. A staredown ensues.
2. Daniel Bryan def. Zack Ryder via the YES! Lock.
3. Kane def. WWE Champion C.M. Punk by DQ. Daniel Bryan was on commentary for the match, then as D-Bryan went to hit Punk with a chair, he turned around and hit Kane instead. Bryan leaves and Kane thinks Punk hit him, so he unloads on Punk.
4. Santino Marella def. Cody Rhodes in a champion vs. champion match.
Randy Orton comes out – big pop. Sheamus followed Orton and came out to a mix of cheers and boos. Fickle crowd, apparently.
5. World Hvt. Champion Sheamus def. Randy Orton. Orton went for the RKO, but Sheamus schoolboyed him for the win. The crowd popped big for Sheamus’s surprise pin. After the match, they shook hands and Orton then hit the RKO to a huge pop as well. SmackDown ends with Sheamus laid out and Orton standing on top of him.
Where Will TNA Impact Wind Up?
Total Voters: 187