Below is the final card for Sunday’s No Way Out PPV, the perfect Father’s Day gift featuring John Cena vs. the Big Show in a stipulation-filled steel cage match and CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship as the two top-billed contests. Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler will also be battling it out for the Big Gold Belt at No Way Out, and that could wind up being the match of the night when all is said and done.
1. John Cena vs. Big Show, Steel cage match. If Big Show loses, John Laurinaitis will be fired. If John Cena loses, he will be fired.
2. Sheamus (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship
3. CM Punk (c) vs. Kane vs. Daniel Bryan, Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship. “May the best man win,” said AJ.
4. Christian (c) vs. Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinental Championship
5. Layla El (c) vs. Beth Phoenix for the Divas Championship
6. Santino Marella vs. Ricardo Rodriguez, Tuxedo match
7. YouTube Pre-Show Match: Brodus Clay vs. David Otunga
CB’s Slant: Outside of AJ’s amazing character work over the past few weeks, there’s really nothing on this PPV that jumps out as must-see material. Sure, Punk and Bryan will be in the ring together, and that’s always awesome. Sheamus vs. Ziggler could steal the show, but there’s not much of a show to steal.
Speaking of which, the Big Show vs. John Cena is just a horrible main event. The “high-stakes” stipulations actually make this outcome even more outlandish, at least in my opinion, because now this has “No Contest” or “Double Disqualification” or “Force the Ref to Reverse His Decision” written all over it.
Besides, if they “fire” Cena AGAIN, we’ll just get more “Juan Cena” or he’ll simply buy a ticket to Raw and somehow make his way onto the show.
As for Big Johnny, they keep teasing his ouster on every show now, and it’s already been worn way too thin. Wake me up when they actually do let this time-sucking guy go away from WWE TV, and then we’ll talk.
Oh, and a Tuxedo Match? Great.
Ultimately, my recommendation for WWE No Way Out is … don’t buy and spend more time with your pops this Father’s Day.
That’s all from me — CB.