Welcome to my 10 Thoughts on TNA Impact Wrestling. Last week I recapped the show live so I didn’t have a 10 Thoughts, but this week I’m back in the spotlight. Without further ado…
1. Man TNA has to feel kind of dumb after giving the music video and a mega-push to Velvet Sky and then she just leave. Who will fill her spot? Will we see a push for Mickie or Tara? I’m game for either or both.
2. I get that Sting is a legend and all, but it bugs me when the announcers totally flip out when he shows up. He’s a member of the roster and he was there two weeks ago? Is it that big a deal that he’s here?
3. So yeah this angle with Earl and Madison Rayne is really weird. It would be one thing if they had some sort of end game, but what’s the end of this angle? Earl cheats to help her win the Knockouts’ title?
4. Sam Shaw vs. Douglas Williams. Well the GutCheck competitor gets another opportunity to earn his spot this week against Mr. Williams, but where has Douglas Williams been? I know he was at Destination-X, but I’ve always enjoyed his work. I wish I could see more from this guy.
5. I’m not sure I understood why Austin Aries is now the head over the X-Division. Sure they had a sit-down talk-it-out with Hulk and the top heavyweight contenders and then we had the Brooke Knockout talk, but they were heads over the divisions. Aries is now the world champion and as such he should be focusing either on his next challenger or the Aces and Eights.
6. You know I think Chavo moving to TNA isn’t that big of a deal. Yes, he’s a Guerrero and yes he can wrestle, but will he change anything really in TNA? I’d be inclined to say no. With that being said, can we keep Kid Kash off of the mic forever? That was the absolute worst rambling ever.
7. SuperMex and Chavo Guerrero? Why is TNA so inclined to through minorities together? How many Hispanic wrestlers has SuperMex been thrown together with now? Chavo is over enough he doesn’t need any help. The only thing I could think of is that they are trying to push Hernandez by sticking him with Chavo.
8. AJ and James’ match was great until the end where the Aces and Eights attack and singularly target out Styles. I don’t know if TNA is trying to get their top faces without any credibility, but they’re doing a pretty good job of it. They discredit AJ with this whole Claire angle and now they are trying to downgrade one of their newest faces with this accusation by Bobby Roode? Not a fan of that.
9. Zema Ion vs. Kenny King. Does anyone else think Ion’s hair looks like Goku’s from DragonBall Z? Anyways… Roode comes down to attack Kenny King allowing Ion to retain his title. Why? Who knows? Austin Aries attacks him and I guess that’s how we tie in Aries to this match to defending his belt.
10. Bully Ray vs. Kurt Angle. So Angle gets the win, but the Aces and Eights attack at the end and out comes AJ, Sting, and Aries to battle them. The Aces and Eights gained the advantage however until James Storm came out. They simply left after he stormed the ring leading them to think that they wanted no part of James Storm. Is he in cahoots with them?
Not too bad a show and thanks for reading!
And quite frankly my dear… that’s a wrap!
Tags: Austin Aries, Bully Ray, chavo guerrero, douglas williams, hernandez, impact wrestling, Kenny King, kid kash, Kurt Angle, madison rayne, Mickie James, Sam Shaw, Sting, Tara, TNA, tna impact wrestling, Velvet Sky, Zema Ion