The SmarK Retro Rant for WWF Royal Rumble 1994
- I'm stuck with the Anthology DVD version, which at least has much better video quality than my original VHS dub, so blame that for any inconsistencies with the original review. At least that means the full PPV version and not the Coliseum edit.
- Live from Providence, Rhode Island.
- Your hosts are Vince McMahon & Ted Dibiase. This actually now makes more sense to me given the rotating color commentators on RAW after the departure of Bobby Heenan. Back in the day, it was totally random to me because I only got to watch Superstars.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - January 24 1994
- Taped from Richmond, VA. The night after a major PPV?
- Your hosts are Vince McMahon & Jim Ross.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - January 17 1994
- Taped from Richmond, VA.
- Your hosts are Vince McMahon & Crush. God, this is gonna be a trainwreck.»»
The SmarK Rant for TNA Impact! - January 4, 2010
"Time For a Change"
- Live from Orlando, FL.
- Your hosts are Tenay & Tazz.
- Since I get Spike and not the Score (the channel that carries RAW in Canada), curiosity got the best of me and I decided to watch Impact tonight, because I figure a spectacular trainwreck is just as good as a great show as far as entertainment value goes. We shall see.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - January 10 1994
- Live, FINALLY, from Richmond, VA.
- Your hosts are Vince & Macho.»»
The SmarK DVD Rant for Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows At one point in Paul Jay's fantastic documentary about Bret Hart's last days in the WWF, Bret comments that the promotion had become like a prison to him.Â A prison where he had the nicest cell and where he had the run of the place thanks to his relationship to the warden, but at the end of the day he was still locked up.Â That attitude kind of hangs over the whole film, as we are seeing the last vestiges of the creative spirit trampled out of Bret by a business that is clearly passing him by. »»
(Apparently this Bret Hart guy is all the rage right now among the kids, so hereâ€™s a repost of the DVD rant from 2004, with some formatting and spelling errors fixed)
The SmarK DVD Rant for Bret Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and The Best There Ever Will Be.
So here's how this is gonna work -- I've of course been hit by endless requests for this DVD, but didn't get the DVD until recently. I managed to watch the documentary portion previously and posted thoughts to the blog, but everyone wanted rants for the matches included, too, and I didn't really feel like going back to take notes on the documentary portion to do the entire DVD set. So the documentary portion is going to be a guest rant by longtime blog contributor and friend of mine Princess, who covered most of what I would have written about it anyway, and then we'll hit the matches with fresh rants for stuff I haven't done before or haven't done in a long time. For time reasons and for reasons of efficiency, I copied stuff where my opinions haven't changed or where an updated version wasn't going to be different enough to warrant a redo.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - January 3 1994
- Taped from Poughkeepsie, NY, for the fourth week in a row. Now I've been to some brutal TV tapings in my time, so I can imagine how bored and burned-out the poor crowd would have been by the 18th hour of programming.»»
Christmas-time shows are rarely any good, and this one is no exception. »»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - December 20 1993
- Taped from Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Your hosts are Vince & Shawn Michaels. I guess they're doing a rotating host deal until they can find a permanent color commentator. That combination would rule today, actually.»»
Lots of star power this week, and a new color commentator joins Vince McMahon as they search for Bobby Heenan's permanent replacement. »»
The SmarK DVD Rant for Hell In A Cell
- I'm talking about the 3-disc DVD set here, not the recent PPV. I know this is an older set, but I found it on Ebay for like $3 and I've been wanting to work in a proper review for a while now.
- Hosted by Mick Foley, fittingly enough.»»
It's the end of an era for the WWF with this episode. »»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - November 29 1993
- Live from White Plains, NY.
- Your hosts are Vince and Bobby.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - November 15 1993
- Taped from Bushkill, PA.
- Your hosts are Vince & Bobby, as Randy Savage is suspended for his attack on Crush last week.»»
Survivor Series 93 is coming up and the show is in cruise control until then, except for a pretty hot Crush v. Savage feud. »»
RAW itself this week isn't terribly notable aside from setting up a tag team title match later on, but there's a bonus match that's VERY interesting. »»
The SmarK Anthology Rant for WWF Summerslam 1993
- As promised, I'm finally getting around to this one, to go along with the 1993 RAW rants. Once again this is the version from the Summerslam Anthology, which is the PPV version without all the annoying licensed entrance music and references to the WWF.
- Live from Auburn Hills, MI.
- Your hosts are Vince & Bobby.»»
It's the Savage-Crush Summit, and Scott Steiner tries to kill Justin Credible. But in a good way. »»
Finally the three-week saga of the Intercontinental title comes to an end as Rick Martel faces Razor Ramon in a matchup that's still weird even 16 years later. Plus...the Rock N Roll Express?!? »»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - October 4 1993
- Taped from New Haven, CT.
- Your hosts are Vince & Bobby»»