Lots of star power this week, and a new color commentator joins Vince McMahon as they search for Bobby Heenan's permanent replacement. »»
The SmarK DVD Rant for Hell In A Cell
- I'm talking about the 3-disc DVD set here, not the recent PPV. I know this is an older set, but I found it on Ebay for like $3 and I've been wanting to work in a proper review for a while now.
- Hosted by Mick Foley, fittingly enough.»»
It's the end of an era for the WWF with this episode. »»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - November 29 1993
- Live from White Plains, NY.
- Your hosts are Vince and Bobby.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - November 15 1993
- Taped from Bushkill, PA.
- Your hosts are Vince & Bobby, as Randy Savage is suspended for his attack on Crush last week.»»
Survivor Series 93 is coming up and the show is in cruise control until then, except for a pretty hot Crush v. Savage feud. »»
RAW itself this week isn't terribly notable aside from setting up a tag team title match later on, but there's a bonus match that's VERY interesting. »»
The SmarK Anthology Rant for WWF Summerslam 1993
- As promised, I'm finally getting around to this one, to go along with the 1993 RAW rants. Once again this is the version from the Summerslam Anthology, which is the PPV version without all the annoying licensed entrance music and references to the WWF.
- Live from Auburn Hills, MI.
- Your hosts are Vince & Bobby.»»
It's the Savage-Crush Summit, and Scott Steiner tries to kill Justin Credible. But in a good way. »»
Finally the three-week saga of the Intercontinental title comes to an end as Rick Martel faces Razor Ramon in a matchup that's still weird even 16 years later. Plus...the Rock N Roll Express?!? »»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - October 4 1993
- Taped from New Haven, CT.
- Your hosts are Vince & Bobby»»
So it's the first week away from the friendly confines of the Manhattan Center, and Shawn Michaels has been stripped of a title for the first time. But not for the last time, oh no. »»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - September 20 1993
- Taped from New York.
- Your hosts are Vince, Bobby and Macho.»»
The Quebecers make history and Doink takes a turn for the worse! »»
The SmarK Retro Rant for WWF Wrestlemania VII
- Yeah, this is a kind of a random choice, I know, but I've been meaning to do the full Anthology version of the show for months now and this is as good a night as any. Since we didn't have PPV in Edmonton at the time, this is the first time I've ever seen anything besides the heavily edited Coliseum version of this show.
- Live from the
Los Angeles Coliseum LA Sports Arena
- Your hosts are Gorilla Monsoon and a rotating cast of color commentators, mainly Bobby Heenan. First up is Hacksaw Duggan, introduced with entrance music dubbed over where he had none previously. I don't get that.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Summerslam Spectacular 1993
- Taped from Poughkeepsie, NY, somewhere around August 16 1993. Probably that night.
- Your hosts are Jim Ross and Gorilla Monsoon. Huh.
- I'm delighted that this show, hyped for three weeks on the 1993 RAWs, is in fact available under Mike Rotundo's "Where are they now?" page. Gotta love the WWE's video library.»»
Macho Midget, Brooklyn Brawler AND the Bushwackers in the same match? How can you go wrong? »»
Randy Savage faces Doink the Clown in a match featuring a midget that's still way better than you'd think. Plus, SMW invades! »»
The SmarK Retro Rant for WWF Summerslam 2001 - So this is a "tandem rant" with fellow IP writer Michael Fitzgerald, and we're gonna alternate matches and exchange comments after each one. Normally I don't do that kind of thing, but I've got books »»
I don't think this ever got posted because I assumed Michael would post it to the Pulse and then I forgot about it. Anyway, here's Summerslam '98 redone by me (or at least half of it) and Mr. Fitzgerald for kicks.
Tandem Rant for Summerslam 98
- Live from New York, NY.
- Your hosts are JR & King»»
Bret Hart faces Bam Bam Bigelow in a rematch from King of the Ring and Doink continues busting the Macho Man's balls. That's never a good idea. »»