The SmarK Retro Re-Rant for WWF Wrestlemania IX
- Figured we might as well go whole hog and redo this one, since the buildup on the RAWs I've been doing has been towards this show. Plus I wanted to work in all the Anthology versions of WM anyway. Can you believe it's been ten years since I last did this one?
- Live from Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas.
- Your hosts are Bobby Heenan, Randy Savage and introducingâ€¦JIM ROSS! In a toga.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - March 22 1993
- Live from New York again.
- Your hosts are Vince, Randy and Rob.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - March 15 1993
- Live from Poughkeepsie, New York. Apparently a giant blizzard has prevented taping at the Manhattan Center, so this marks the first show shot somewhere else.
- Your hosts are Gorilla, Bobby and (Not) Vince McMahon. Uh oh, Rob Bartlett brings his impersonation skills again.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - March 8 1993
- Prerecorded from New York.
- Hosted by Vince, Macho & Rob.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - March 1 1993
- Yeah, I know I should get back to reviewing Wrestling Challenge again or whatever, but this show is like crack, I can see why CRZ used to love recapping it so much.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for Monday Night RAW - February 22 1993
- Live from New York
- Your hosts are Vince & Rob & Macho»»
Ten years after Owen Hart's tragic death, Scott Keith puts together a compilation of what he feels are Owenâ€™s 10 best WWF matches, in order of quality, taken from his various reviews over the years. "Historical significance aside for the moment," writes Scott, "these are just flat-out his best in-ring efforts in the WWF. Feel free to view any of them and judge for yourself, of course, and enjoy a bit of Owen while you do so." »»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for WWF Monday Night RAW - January 25 1993
- So we're one night removed from Royal Rumble 93 with this one.
- PRE-RECORDED from New York. Wow, when would they EVER say that today?
- Your hosts are Vince McMahon & Rob Bartlett & Bobby Heenan.»»
The SmarK Legacy Rant for WWF Monday Night RAW - January 18 1993
- Home sick from work today, so let's hit some more classic content.
- Live from New York
- Your hosts are Vince McMahon, Rob Bartlett and Randy Savage (who is attacked by Repo Man in your first angle of the week, already)»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Primetime Wrestling - February 11 1988
- OK, so apparently THIS is the last Primetime. So sue me.
- Your hosts are Gorilla & Bobby. Bobby wants to talk about what happened on the Main Event, but it was during the "gag order" period after the show where everything was taped beforehand and Vince wasn't telling anyone the finish, so Gorilla prevents him from talking.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Maple Leaf Gardens - August 18 1985
- Taped from Toronto, ON
- Your hosts are Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura»»
The SmarK DVD Rant for The Greatest Stars of the 90s
- Hosted by Tazz. This is similar to the 80s DVD in that it's broken down into a series of mini-biographies on the stars of the decade, but it's one big documentary disc first, followed by a pair of bonus match discs.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - October 25 1986
- So this is the last rant on World Championship Wretling before 24/7 goes away, and in a sad bit of synchronicity, this is the show where we learn of Magnum TA's fate.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for WCW Monday Nitro - December 22 1997
I think it would be interesting if review the current and the next episode of WCW Nitro before WWE 24/7 gets taken off your system. The current episode is the infamous episode where the NWO takes apart the set and it becomes NWO Nitro. The next episode deals with the fallout from Starrcade 97.
Well even though I hate Nitro so very much, there's only two left so I might as well.
- Live from Macon, GA.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling - December 2 1981
- Hosted by Bob Caudle and David Crockett
- Unfortunately I only got three episodes of this before the end of 24/7 on Sasktel, so enjoy this last Mid-Atlantic rant.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Prime Time Wrestling - February 1 1988
Man Scott, no Primetime rant? I remember you used to do them, i'd always come here and find out how long the match was because you time it, plus i like to hear your views on them. And since your cable company is taking it away at the end of April, Could you do one last rant of Primetime? thanks in advance, keep up the good work.
Sure, I rarely get feedback on what you guys like/dislike with the 24/7 rants so I kind of assumed that the general silence on Prime Time meant that people weren't reading them. But to close out the series, here's one final Prime Time Wrestling rant!
- Hosted byâ€¦Vince McMahon and Bobby Heenan? That ain't right. They're got a slightly bigger set than I'm used to as well.
- They discuss Royal Rumble from the previous night and we're offâ€¦»»
The SmarK Retro Rant for WWF Wrestlemania VI - Anthology Edition!
- So after years of only having the Coliseum version of this show, I finally got the Wrestlemania Anthology, giving me the full bloated PPV versions of 6-10 on five glorious double-sided DVDs. I actually did see this show live on the big screen in Edmonton at the arena, which was the last time WM was available in that form. So I was taken aback when the tape came out and several matches were several minutes shorter than I remembered. I think they actually remastered the video for these as well, because it's far crisper than the VHS versions, even considering the superior DVD format. So prepare for another couple of weeks of Wrestlemania redos!»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - October 18 1986
- So we're into the home stretch now for this show, as there's two left before Sasktel pulls the channel at the end of the month, and it's kind of fitting because this is getting close to the point where I originally started watching NWA wrestling back in the 80s anyway. For those keeping track of this sort of thing, all traces of "24/7" have now been excised from the channel, as everything is only branded as "WWE Classics on Demand". I'm stubborn, though, and I'll keep calling them 24/7 rants until we're done.»»
The SmarK DVD Rant for Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows
At one point in Paul Jay's fantastic documentary about Bret Hart's last days in the WWF, Bret comments that the promotion had become like a prison to him. A prison where he had the nicest cell and where he had the run of the place thanks to his relationship to the warden, but at the end of the day he was still locked up. That attitude kind of hangs over the whole film, as we are seeing the last vestiges of the creative spirit trampled out of Bret by a business that is clearly passing him by.»»
The SmarK DVD Rant for The New and Improved D-X!
- Here's an interesting one that I found for cheap, and it was interesting to me because all this "New D-X" stuff is exactly the period when I stopped watching WWE entirely, so it's a rare three-disc set of stuff where I've never seen ANY of it before outside of a couple of video packages and the RAW DVD set. So I figure it's worth a go for the price I paid. Which was basically nothing.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Houston Show - November 26 1986
- So unfortunately the countdown to the end begins here, as Sasktel will be dropping WWE 24/7 after April, which means I'll have to switch to the online version instead.
- Taped from Houston, TX. I guess this ties into Wrestlemania 25?
- Your hosts are Gorilla Monsoon & Killer Ken Resnick. For a minute I was terrified it was gonna be another Duke Doherty show.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - October 11 1986
- God, it's been a lean month for content thus far on WWE 24/7, and with only a few updates this week and a 33-minute episode of WCW at that, there's not gonna be much new stuff from me, either. In case you were wondering.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Monday Night RAW - December 15 1997
- Taped from Durham, New Hampshire.
- HOUR #1!
- Your hosts are Jim Ross, Kevin Kelly and Michael Cole.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - October 4 1986
- Your hosts are Tony & David. This is likely taped before the Omni show with the US tag title tournament they've been hyping for weeks, so no mention of the results or even the show here.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for WCW Bash at the Beach 2000
- Ugh, why do I punish myself with this stuff? Unfortunately the original rant is pretty crappy, so let's journey back to the era of Russo & Bischoff. On the bright side, I don't remember any of this crap in the slightest, so much like reruns on NBC, it's new to me! Now where's the alcoholâ€¦
- Live from Daytona Beach, FL. And presented by a full nelson!
- Your hosts are Tony, Scott Hudson and Mark Madden.
- Right off the bat I'm fucking annoyed because Tony says "sports entertainment" a million times, which sounds ridiculous on a show that's supposed to be the "alternative" to WWE at the time.»»
The SmarK DVD Rant for Kayfabe
"They don't just call him Rocket Randy Tyler because it rhymes!"
"Butâ€¦it doesn't rhyme."
If The Wrestler is the dark side of small town indy wrestling promotions, Kayfabe is the light side. The Wrestler was about a former World champion main eventer dragged down to the level of small promotions doing spot shows, whereas this movie is about a smaller promotion that WISHES it could do spot shows, filled with guys who dream of one day making it to The Show. What that Show is, is never implicitly stated, but it's pretty easy to guess.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Monday Night RAW - December 8 1997
- So it's the night after the DeGeneration X PPV and big stuff is afootâ€¦
- Live from Portland, Maine.
- Hour 1 is hosted by Jim Ross & Michael Cole & Kevin Kelly. My dream team! Actually they're not so bad here because their entire role is to read pre-scripted bits of the conversation in between JR's actual points. Like they're going over the Shamrock-Michaels title match and Kelly's bit will be "Indeed the match was a mixture of speed and technique" and you won't hear him again. I can deal with that.»»
The SmarK DVD Rant for The Best of Saturday Night's Main Event
I have been waiting anxiously for this one for a while now.
- Hosted by Mean Gene
- So let us take you back to the Rock N Wrestling era in 1985, as SNME replaces SNL reruns once every few weeksâ€¦»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - September 27 1986
- Another short show this week. Luckily the Braves sucked ass in the 80s, so things will pick up again once we get to the post-season.
- Your hosts are Tony & David.»»
A hilariously filthy farewell to the "wrestling talk show" that ran from 1984-1986, as Mean Gene and the gang apparently did all the drugs they could get their hands on before filming began... »»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - September 20 1986
- Your hosts are Tony & David.
- We have apparently skipped a week, as the show kicks off with footage of Paul Ellering slapping Jim Cornette on the September 13 show, and we didn't get that one.
- The Bill & Budro Show kick things off by promising to win the US tag titles and challenge Ric Flair for the millionth time.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling - November 18 1981
- Oh my. With the run of TNT coming to an end, they decided to replace it with yet another awesome hour of NWA action from the early 80s. I don't know why they started here, although this might be the point they moved into the new studio in Charlotte or something.
- Your hosts are Bob Caudle and David Crockett.»»
When the Pulse Wrestling staff compiled a list of the Top 100 Wrestlers of The Modern Era back in April 2007, no one could imagine the tragedy that would take place at the Benoit home just two months later. In an excerpt from his book - DUNGEON OF DEATH: Chris Benoit and the â€œHart Family Curseâ€ - Scott Keith takes a look at the life of a pro wrestler who might not have made this list if voting took place after the weekend of June 22, 2007... »»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Boston Garden - August 3 1985
- This isn't actually "new" per se, but rather a show I taped on 24/7 when I first got the channel in 2007 and was frantically recording everything I could to DVD. Nowadays I only keep the really important stuff. However, I've got a few of these left kicking around I figure I might as well do the review for completeness sake. Those of you without the channel won't know the difference anyway.
- Taped from Boston.
- Your hosts are Mean Gene & Gorilla»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for MSG - October 28 1989
- Live from New York. Weird that they showed the November show a couple of months ago and now they're skipping back to this one. I'm guessing the Macho King in the main event is why.
- Your hosts are Gorilla & Hillbilly. Gah.»»
Where Will TNA Impact Wind Up?
Total Voters: 187