Archive for Scott Keith
Klassic Keith: That's [Sports] Entertainment!
The Netcop Rant: "That's [Sports] Entertainment!"
You know, not to rain on anyone's WCW happiness parade, but I think the
Russo / Ferrera signing is going to blow up in WCW's face, sooner rather
The fundamental problem is this: »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - WWA Revolution
The SmarK Rant for World Wrestling All-Stars: Revolution.
- Well, thanks to the miracle of PPV, I was torn between this and Pride, but since watching Ken Shamrock blow the big match is hardly a novel thing anymore, I went with the much bigger pot »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - WWA Inception
The SmarK Rant for World Wrestling All-Stars: The Inception
- Taped Down Under.
- Your hosts are Jeremy Borash & Jerry Lawler.
- This was a show where "expecting nothing coming inÃ¢â‚¬Â would rank as the understatement of the year. »»
The SmarK Retro Rant For WCW Road Wild '99
The SmarK Retro Rant for WCW Road Wild Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ99
- This is a somewhat historic rant, if only because it marks the only remaining WCW PPV that I've never done before. No real reason for never doing it before Ã¢â‚¬â€œ I was just p »»
The SmarK Retro Rant For WCW Slamboree '96
The SmarK Retro Rant for WCW Slamboree Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ96
- Into the home stretch of WCW PPVs now, as we wrap things up with Slamboree '96 (which I didn't order back in the day and have only watched once since then) and then finish off with Road Wi »»
The SmarK Rant For Hulk Still Rules (DVD)
The SmarK Rant for "Hulk Still RulesÃ¢â‚¬Â (DVD)
- Yes, it FINALLY came to Canada, at least at the HMV in West Edmonton Mall, so I dropped the $25 and decided to finally stop the barrage of whiny e-mails wanting to know when I'm gonna »»
The SmarK Retro Rant For WCW Bash At The Beach 95
The SmarK Retro Rant Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Bash at the Beach 1995
- Live from Huntington Beach, CA.
- Your hosts are Tony & Bobby.
- This is of course from the beach, with no actual seating. WCW made various claims from between 50-100,000 peop »»
The SmarK Retro Rant - WCW Great American Bash '95
The SmarK Retro Rant for WCW Great American Bash Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ95
(originally aired June 1995)
- Live from Dayton, OH, home of The Rick.
- Your hosts are Tony & Bobby.
- This was of course during my famed WCW boycott period, and thus ha »»
The SmarK Rant For Best Of Japan 2001 - Volume 5
The SmarK Rant for the Best of Japan 2001 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Volume 5
- Before we go any further, I would of course be remiss in not pimping the site that provides these lovely tapes, www.goldenboytapes.com. They have FAST service (especially wit »»
The SmarK Retro Rant - NWA Bunkhouse Stampede 88
The SmarK Retro Rant Ã¢â‚¬â€œ NWA Bunkhouse Stampede 88
I'm going to assume that y'all don't need another history lesson on why this (for all intents and purposes) debut PPV from Jim Crockett Promotions was such a laughingstock, but basi »»
Rush - Skyreach Place, Edmonton Alberta (9.10.02)
This was a pretty momentous occasion for us here in Edmonton, as Rush
hadn't been here since 1989 (on the Presto tour), but unfortunately it was
also an expensive one, as tickets for the floor were $85-$100
each. Thankfully, it proved to »»
The Coliseum Video Rant XXV: Of Snakes And Hitmen
The Coliseum Video Rant XXV: Of Snakes and Hitmen!
- I'm sure you can figure out the subject matter from the title.
Tape #1: Jake "The SnakeÃ¢â‚¬Â Roberts.
- Hosted by Craig DeGeorge & Johnny V.
- Jake Roberts v. Scotty McGee. »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Best Of Starrcade 83-87
The SmarK Retro Rant for the Best of Starrcade 83-87.
LET'S GET OLD SCHOOL!
This was a tape put out by Crockett in early 88 to celebrate five years of Starrcade, and it's an unheard-of two tape, four-hour collection of uncut matches from 83-87, »»
The Coliseum Video Rant XXIV: He's So Unusual!
The Coliseum Video Rant XXIV: He's So Unusual!
- Okay, lame title, but at least it fits.
- So moving right along, our next two contenders are videos from 1988, featuring what were at that time oddball gimmick matches.
Tape #1: The WWF's Mo »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Greed
"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."
Main Entry: iroÃ‚Â·ny
Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from ei »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Superbrawl Revenge
- If there's a viable marketing reason for using "RevengeÃ¢â‚¬Â instead of "XIÃ¢â‚¬Â as the modifier for the Superbrawl name this year, it's lost on me. I guess I'm just not hip enough.
- Live from Nashville, TN
- Your »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Sin
- Live from Indianapolis, IN
- Your hosts are Tony Schiavone & Scott Hudson
- Opening match, Cruiserweight title: Chavo Guerrero, Jr. v. Shane Helms. Chavo works a headlock to start, but Shane gets an armbar. Chavo makes the ropes. Again, h »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Starrcade 2000
- Well, it's time for the grand-daddy of them all again, which is appropriate because most of the main eventers are grandfathers.
- No Mercy update: After umpteen frustrating runs in the World title gauntlet, being hammered by the New Age Outlaws »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Mayhem 2000
- Live from Milwaukee, WI
- Your hosts are Tony, Stevie and Mark.
- Earlier tonight, Booker T fights through a throng, a VERITABLE THRONG, of fans, none of whom are plants of course, while Scott Steiner beats up a perfectly innocent security ta »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Halloween Havoc 2000
- I'm always accused of being biased, so I'm going to add one positive thing to every match so you can't say that I didn't find any.
- Live from Lost Wages, NV
- Your hosts are Tony, Stevie & Mark. How bad is it when Stevie Ray has leapfrogged »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Fall Brawl 2000
- Before we begin, special thanks to Shaw Cable, who didn't get the signal from WCW until an hour into the show tonight, forcing me to watch the replay instead. This meant that I had to miss the Canadian debut of the Sopranos, I show I've been waitin »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - New Blood Rising
- Live from Vancouver, BC
- Your hosts are Tony, Mark and Scott.
- Opening match: Three Count v. The Jung Dragons. WCW always does this -- they know they have at least one hot match, so they put it first and thus guarantee it gets forgotten by »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Bash At The Beach 2000
- I think everyone kinda knew what was going to happen going into this, but we didn't really KNOW we knew, you know? At any rate, I predicted it quite confidently on the Delphi Forum on Saturday, so I win the no-prize again this time around.
- Li »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Great American Bash 2000
- Hey, Rick, did you actually have ANY opinion on this show?
- Live from Baltimore, MD
- Your hosts are Tony, Mark and Scott
- Opening match, Cruiserweight title: Chavo Guerrero Jr. v. Disco Inferno. The Misfits and Animals are all lurking a »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Slamboree 2000
"DÃƒÂ©jÃƒÂ vu, just a different crapper"
Terry Funk, just before the hardcore match.
- Live from Kansas City, Missouri.
- Your hosts are Tony, Mark & Scott
- The Millionaire's Club arrives in a bus, which would be fine except that »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Spring Stampede 2000
Funny story: I called to order the show on Friday afternoon, but the automated phone system wouldn't allow me to complete the order. So I called Shaw Cable's customer service and explained the problem, and not only was the show spelled wrong in their »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Uncensored 2000
This show is not to be confused with my own, infinitely superior Netcop Uncensored, which should be already up. I was literally 50/50 on even ordering and recapping the show until Friday afternoon, when a heartfelt, impassioned plea from Sean Shannon »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - SuperBrawl X
"The experiment we'll be observing: can a company with its back to the wall still deliver an entertaining PPV? In my own damned opinion, the pieces are in place for SuperBrawl to be fun to watch."
- Rick Scaia, Superbrawl Preview.
See, kids, NO »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Souled Out 2000
- Can you believe that I actually got e-mails in the days leading up to this show encouraging me to trash the show for their entertainment? My god, a man has lost his job and you people cackle with glee because a PPV might suck as a result? Think of »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Starrcade 99
- There was a really good episode of WCW Saturday Night this week, featuring a couple of young guys in a good match for the point they're at, along with a rockin' little match between Chris Adams and Dean Malenko, and Kanyon was there, and Devon Stor »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Mayhem 1999
What, did you think I'd actually let Sean steal my thunder for trashing this show? Dream on, fanboy. Props to the guy who had a www.TheSmarks.com sign in the front, much appreciated. Next time use a bigger sign and darker color, though.
- Newsfla »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Halloween Havoc 1999
Warning: The following rant contains sarcasm of a damaging nature and may expose the hypocrisy of WCW shills. Readers with WCW leanings may wish to ask their parents before having the Vince Russo era exposed for the farce that it is.
Live from La »»