Archive for Scott Keith
The SmarK Retro Repost - Slamboree '94
Okay, given that I was incredibly critical of this year's effort by WCW,
I felt it would only be fair for me to go back and review one of my all
time favorite cards, the 1994 version of Slamboree, which was
entertaining and action-packed from t »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - SuperBrawl IV
- Live from Albany, GA
- Your hosts are Tony & Bobby.
This is Ric Flair's first PPV with The Almighty Book for 1994, and the difference between his style and Dusty's hodge-podge 93 style is night and day.
- First order of business on the ni »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Battlebowl '93
- I did the first Battlebowl last week, so here's the 1993 version. I'm
just that kind of guy.
- I'm not sure if this one was rigged.
- Live from somewhere in Florida, which Tony later informs me is
- Your hosts are Fat Tony and »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Starrcade 93
- This beat goes on
- As a bonus treat for those of you reading this on TheSmarks instead of Wrestleline, I've decided to make it easier to sit through all the descriptions of ass-related moves (of which there's a lot in this show) by giving int »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Halloween Havoc 1993
- Amazingly, I actually got LETTERS OF SUPPORT for reviewing Havoc 92.
As in, people wrote to me to express their sympathies for me watching
the show again. Who says that wrestling fans aren't a caring bunch?
- Live from New Orleans, Louisiana, »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Fall Brawl '93
- Live from Houston, Texas.
- Your hosts are Tony Schiavone and Jesse Ventura
- Opening match: WCW TV title: Ricky Steamboat v. Lord Steven Regal
(w/ Sir William Dundee). Hey, remember back in the day, when Regal was
still the CHALLENGER for »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Clash Of Champions XXIV
- Live from Daytona Beach, Florida.
- Your hosts are Tony Schiavone & Jesse Ventura
- It's announced right off that Brian Pillman is out with an ankle
injury, and therefore instead of doing anything sensible WCW has decided
that Steve Reg »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Beach Blast 93
- Live from Biloxi, Mississippi
- Your hosts are Tony Schiavone & Jesse Ventura
- Worth nothing: The pre-game show features the infamous "Masters of
the Powerbomb v. Superpowers" mini-movie in its entirety. If you don't
know what this was »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Slamboree '93
- Live from the Omni in Atlanta, GA, wherever the hell that is.
- Your hosts are Tony and Larry, both of whom are remarkably on-topic
and coherant (cf. today)
- Maxx Payne mangles the Star Spangled Banner on his guitar. This was
odd at th »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Superbrawl III
- Live from Asheville, NC
- Your hosts are Tony Schiavone and Jesse Ventura.
- Opening match: Erik Watts & Marcus Bagwell v. The Hollywood Blonds.
And we start out with a brush with greatness. Fans boo noticably every
time Watts tags in. »»
The SmarK Rant For Best Of Japan 2001 - Volume 4
The SmarK Rant for the Best of Japan 2001 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tape 4
- Okay, bit of a change this time as I'm doing a Ã¢â‚¬Å“liveÃ¢â‚¬Â rant via the TV tuner card on my computer. You probably won't notice a difference, but this w »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Starrcade 92
The Netcop Retro Rant for Starrcade 92, which is the 10th annual Starrcade 92, according to the voiceover guy at the beginning. Yup, I remember the first Starrcade 92, back in 1983...
- Live from Atlanta, GA
- Your hosts are Jim Ross and Jesse Ve »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Halloween Havoc 1992
And now it's time for that new sitcom...Everybody Hates Netcop. This week's assault on your poor, humble, beleagured (did I mention humble?) reviewer comes from Matt King (get it?) on the Steel Cage Asylum newsboard at www.cataclysmal.com/asylum/7.ht »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Great American Bash '92
Live from Albany, Georgia.
- Your hosts are Tony Schiavone, Magnum TA, Jim Ross and Jesse Ventura.
- Eric Bischoff interviews Bill Watts to start, who defends the "off the top" rule and basically wishes everyone in the NWA tag title tournament g »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Beach Blash 92
- Okay, what with FINALLY getting a few hours free this weekend to escape from the Xmas rush at work and the topic of this show coming up a lot with the DVDVR folks getting the ballot for the top WCW matches of the last decade, I figured now would be »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Clash Of Champions XIX
- Welcome to the first ever Smarks.com EXCLUSIVE Retro Rant, as it was just one of those Ã¢â‚¬Å“hang out and watch wrestlingÃ¢â‚¬Â nights. Wrestleline gets King of the Ring 93 this weekend. This would be Bill Watts' first Clash, as »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Superbrawl II
- Anyway, this redo of an earlier rant came about not because of any great desire to see Superbrawl Revenge this Sunday, but because my original review of the show from 1997 sucked ass, and no moreso was that noticeable than when I did my Top 20 WCW »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Clash Of Champions XVIII
The Smark Retro Rant for WCW Clash of the Champions XVIII
- When the current product depresses and bores me as much as tonight's RAW does, I'm left with little recourse but to seek out Ricky Steamboat battling the Dangerous Alliance in the time b »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Crocket Cup '88
The Crockett Cup was a tag team tournament held over a series of weeks with a trophy and a check for a million dollars for the winners. Not all the tournament matches are featured on the tape, though, so it's more of a sampling of the tournament, alo »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Foley And Catfighting!
Well, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that.
Since a cancellation from a friend caused the Saturday evening plans to
go up in smoke, and since there's a video store right next door to me,
my roommate and I decided to waste a weekend w »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Starrcade 89
The Netcop Retro Rant for Starrcade 89
- I just want to start off by addressing the whole Ã¢â‚¬Å“How can Russo/Ferrera steal from themselvesÃ¢â‚¬Â debate that my Thunder report seems to have triggered. Two words: John Fogerty. H »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Halloween Havoc 1989
The Netcop Retro Rant for Halloween Havoc 89
- Live from Philadelphia, PA
- Your hosts are Jim Ross and Bob Caudle.
- Opening match: Tom Zenk v. Mike Rotunda. My tape is having issues so
I have to fast-forward. It's clipped anyway. Zenk rol »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Starrcade 88
- Live from Norfolk, VA
- Your hosts are Jim Ross and Bob Caudle.
- Opening match, US tag titles: The Fantastics v. Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan. This is the Fantastics' second US title reign, as they won the tournament for the vacant titles »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Great American Bash '88
- This is for two reasons: One, for the winner of the 50,000th hit contest a couple of weeks ago on TheSmarks (soon to have it's own domain name and professional design) and second for someone who won't stop NAGGING me about it. You know who you are. »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Starrcade 87
- Yes, it's the first post-CIH Virus Rant. As requested by Joe Petrow, who corrected me on something in the FAQ. As a reminder, you too can request a rant of your own, by being hit #200,000 on the Rant Archives. The URL is in the .sig below.
- Li »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Great American Bash '87
- This is not one show per se, but rather a 2 hour compilation of the highlights of the Bash 87 tour.
- Opening match: WarGames. Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger & JJ Dillon v. Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Hawk, Animal & Paul E »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Crocket Cup '87
- So anyway, I was basically playing "pick a tape at random" tonight until I found something without a rant, and I happened to grab the tape with Clash 16 / Crockett Cup 87 / Superbrawl II / Wrestling Classic on the first shot. And since there's no C »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Starrcade 86
The SmarK Retro Rant for Starrcade '86: Night of the Skywalkers
- Okay, so this is the COMMERCIAL version of the tape, not the PPV. I have both, but the PPV tape is so deteriorated that I can't really sit through it anymore. A reader was nice eno »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - NWA Battle Of The Belts III
- Live from Daytona Beach, Florida, and broadcast on some Florida TV station way back when.
- Your hosts are Gordon Solie and someone I don't recognize.
- I got this a while back from someone in Florida but I haven't watched it yet. This is a »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Holiday Hell (12/95)
The Netcop Retro Rant for ECW Holiday Hell '95
- Taped from Queens, New York.
- Your host is Joey Styles.
- Stevie and Meanie interrupt Joey's opening spiel in order to insult
the New York fans. Their chants of "Stevie takes it up the a »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - November To Remember 1995
The Netcop Retro Rant for November 2 Remember 1995
- Well, it was either start the N2R Concept Rant or start the Survivor Series one, so I flipped a coin and ECW won. Which is good, because, believe it or not, I enjoyed 1995 ECW very much, and th »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Gangsta's Paradise (09/95)
The SmarK Retro Rant for ECW Gangsta's Paradise
- Yup, we finally pick up 1995 ECW where we left off when I did HeatWave 95 ages ago. No guarantees when the rest of 95 will actually get done, but this one gets lots of requests so I figured I shou »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Heat Wave 1995
The Netcop Retro Rant for ECW Heat Wave 95
- Now, I wouldn't wanna cast apersions on the characters or Mr. Ryder or
Mr. Conway with regards to the 1Wrestling v. ScoopThis feud, but isn't
it just a BIT convenient that this "feud" would break out »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Hardcore Heaven 1995
- We're back with an unscheduled return to the 95 ECW rants, as I decided to continue doing these in a stubborn attempt to finish the entire year by the end of the summer. I actually had this one half-done before LAST year's Hardcore Heaven, but fell »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Enter Sandman (05/95)
- Okay, I lied Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Hardcore Heaven is after THIS show.
- Quick plug for another website that's part of the TheSmarks community: The always entertaining Shooters, featuring former RS.com columnist Steve Schroeder and some guy named »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Hostile City Showdown (04/94)
- Train kept a rollin'
- Taped from Bingoland
- Your host is Joey.
- Opening match: Mikey Whipwreck v. Stevie Richards. This match marks the debut of Stevie's trademark "Raven Lite" look, with the cutoff shorts and half-shirt. Mikey brings »»
The SmarK Retro Repost - Three Way Dance (04/94)
- Continuing on our trip through ECW's best year, we find Public Enemy seeking revenge on the Triple Threat for attacking them at the last show, Shane Douglas ready for a new challenger, and why exactly does Raven hate Tommy Dreamer so much
- Tap »»