The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling - December 2 1981
- Hosted by Bob Caudle and David Crockett
- Unfortunately I only got three episodes of this before the end of 24/7 on Sasktel, so enjoy this last Mid-Atlantic rant.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Prime Time Wrestling - February 1 1988
Man Scott, no Primetime rant? I remember you used to do them, i'd always come here and find out how long the match was because you time it, plus i like to hear your views on them. And since your cable company is taking it away at the end of April, Could you do one last rant of Primetime? thanks in advance, keep up the good work.
Sure, I rarely get feedback on what you guys like/dislike with the 24/7 rants so I kind of assumed that the general silence on Prime Time meant that people weren't reading them. But to close out the series, here's one final Prime Time Wrestling rant!
- Hosted byâ€¦Vince McMahon and Bobby Heenan? That ain't right. They're got a slightly bigger set than I'm used to as well.
- They discuss Royal Rumble from the previous night and we're offâ€¦»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - October 18 1986
- So we're into the home stretch now for this show, as there's two left before Sasktel pulls the channel at the end of the month, and it's kind of fitting because this is getting close to the point where I originally started watching NWA wrestling back in the 80s anyway. For those keeping track of this sort of thing, all traces of "24/7" have now been excised from the channel, as everything is only branded as "WWE Classics on Demand". I'm stubborn, though, and I'll keep calling them 24/7 rants until we're done.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Houston Show - November 26 1986
- So unfortunately the countdown to the end begins here, as Sasktel will be dropping WWE 24/7 after April, which means I'll have to switch to the online version instead.
- Taped from Houston, TX. I guess this ties into Wrestlemania 25?
- Your hosts are Gorilla Monsoon & Killer Ken Resnick. For a minute I was terrified it was gonna be another Duke Doherty show.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - October 11 1986
- God, it's been a lean month for content thus far on WWE 24/7, and with only a few updates this week and a 33-minute episode of WCW at that, there's not gonna be much new stuff from me, either. In case you were wondering.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - October 4 1986
- Your hosts are Tony & David. This is likely taped before the Omni show with the US tag title tournament they've been hyping for weeks, so no mention of the results or even the show here.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for WCW Bash at the Beach 2000
- Ugh, why do I punish myself with this stuff? Unfortunately the original rant is pretty crappy, so let's journey back to the era of Russo & Bischoff. On the bright side, I don't remember any of this crap in the slightest, so much like reruns on NBC, it's new to me! Now where's the alcoholâ€¦
- Live from Daytona Beach, FL. And presented by a full nelson!
- Your hosts are Tony, Scott Hudson and Mark Madden.
- Right off the bat I'm fucking annoyed because Tony says "sports entertainment" a million times, which sounds ridiculous on a show that's supposed to be the "alternative" to WWE at the time.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Monday Night RAW - December 8 1997
- So it's the night after the DeGeneration X PPV and big stuff is afootâ€¦
- Live from Portland, Maine.
- Hour 1 is hosted by Jim Ross & Michael Cole & Kevin Kelly. My dream team! Actually they're not so bad here because their entire role is to read pre-scripted bits of the conversation in between JR's actual points. Like they're going over the Shamrock-Michaels title match and Kelly's bit will be "Indeed the match was a mixture of speed and technique" and you won't hear him again. I can deal with that.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - September 27 1986
- Another short show this week. Luckily the Braves sucked ass in the 80s, so things will pick up again once we get to the post-season.
- Your hosts are Tony & David.»»
A hilariously filthy farewell to the "wrestling talk show" that ran from 1984-1986, as Mean Gene and the gang apparently did all the drugs they could get their hands on before filming began... »»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - September 20 1986
- Your hosts are Tony & David.
- We have apparently skipped a week, as the show kicks off with footage of Paul Ellering slapping Jim Cornette on the September 13 show, and we didn't get that one.
- The Bill & Budro Show kick things off by promising to win the US tag titles and challenge Ric Flair for the millionth time.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling - November 18 1981
- Oh my. With the run of TNT coming to an end, they decided to replace it with yet another awesome hour of NWA action from the early 80s. I don't know why they started here, although this might be the point they moved into the new studio in Charlotte or something.
- Your hosts are Bob Caudle and David Crockett.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Boston Garden - August 3 1985
- This isn't actually "new" per se, but rather a show I taped on 24/7 when I first got the channel in 2007 and was frantically recording everything I could to DVD. Nowadays I only keep the really important stuff. However, I've got a few of these left kicking around I figure I might as well do the review for completeness sake. Those of you without the channel won't know the difference anyway.
- Taped from Boston.
- Your hosts are Mean Gene & Gorilla»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for MSG - October 28 1989
- Live from New York. Weird that they showed the November show a couple of months ago and now they're skipping back to this one. I'm guessing the Macho King in the main event is why.
- Your hosts are Gorilla & Hillbilly. Gah.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - September 6 1986
A reader notesâ€¦
Long-time fan of your site and your wrestling writings.
I know you're not a fan of Hogan but do you realize today marks 25 years since Hogan won the title? It's crazy...that was right around the time I started watching wrestling and to think 25 years have passed since then is something else.
Enjoying the NWA Wrestling rants you do the most. That's the show I most look forward to on 24/7."
Thanks, and it's also my favorite show to rant on, so it works out well for everyone.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Monday Night RAW - October 10 1994
- Back to the REALLY bad period for RAW, with a "Night of Kings" theme from 1994 to celebrate the royalty theme for 24/7 this month.
- Taped from somewhere not mentioned.
- Your hosts are Vince & Macho King. OK, he's not a king at this point, but it fits the theme.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Monday Night RAW - November 24 1997
- Live from Tarheelia (or Fayetteville, NC, depending if you're JR or not)
- Your hosts are JR, Jim Cornette and then Jerry Lawler later.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Boston Garden - September 12 1987
- Taped from Boston.
- Your hosts are Gorilla & Alfred.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - August 23 1986
- Your hosts are Tony & David, with assistance from Jim Cornette.
- Sad news to start, as the Rock N Roll Express have regained the World tag titles from the Midnight Express, and America mourns as Nikita Koloff has taken the US title home to Moscow.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Saturday Night's Main Event - January 27 1990
- This is a redo of a rant from 98-ish and a pretty fun show anyway. This one ties into the January theme of "ring royalty" via Macho King, I'm thinking.
- Taped from Chattanooga, TN.
- Your hosts are Vince & Jesse.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Primetime Wrestling - December 24 1990
- Your hosts are Bobby and Gorilla, who immediately have a great fight about trimming the tree ("Where should I stick this?").»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Monday Night RAW - November 10 1997
"Any chance of you doing a RAW rant for 11/10/97 on WWE 24/7? It's the one directly after the Survivor Series 1997 PPV, where nothing notable happened. Just thought I'd ask."
You make it sound so enticing. This episode was truly the low point for many Canadians fans, but ironically it was the start of the biggest ratings run in the show's history.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for Philadelphia Spectrum - December 17 1988
- I guess the Christmas time period puts it into the theme for the month.
- Taped from Philly, PA.
- Your hosts are Dick Graham & Bobby Heenan.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for WWE Tribute to the Troops 2006
Never seen this one before and the matchlist looks interesting, so what the heck.
- Taped from Baghdad, Iraq
- Your hosts are Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - August 16 1986
- They seem to be sneaking more SMW stuff into the channel, with a clip before this show and a clip of Rock N Roll Express v. Gangstas in the Shorties section, and yet still no weekly TV show. Where's the Smoky Mountain love, WWE 24/7 Classics on Demand?
- Hosted by Tony and David and Jim F'n Cornette.»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for the Essential Starrcade - Part Five
And we wrap this bad boy up with the top five in the fan-voted countdown of best Starrcade matches ever, leading up to the DVD. Before we begin, let's recap the previous 20 choicesâ€¦»»
The SmarK 24/7 Rant for World Championship Wrestling - August 9 1986
- Nice to see that they're back to the regular shows again after last week's weird clip show. And what better way to start than a clip of the Andersons beating the holy hell out of Robert Gibson?»»